Password autogeneration "failing" strangely on two sites

Options

I've found two sites now where during registration, after I have 1PasswordX generate and autofill a password, the page doesn't let me continue registration. In both cases using cut and paste to re-enter the same password works, so I think the problem is related to badly written forms that look for key events :)

The first was the new HOOPP site, and the one I just encountered was fastmail.com.

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: 1.4.2
OS Version: linux; chrome 63.0.3239.132
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@haraldwithtwoehs: Thanks for getting in touch! I wonder if you can help me out here. I'm not sure if this is the right site:

https://connect.hoopp.com

And I can't find a "signup" page there. Can you tell me the URL where you're running into this issue?

I was able to reproduce the Fastmail issue there. It looks like their "START 30-DAY FREE TRIAL" button isn't active until they feel you've completed the form, seemingly by hand. It looks like they're waiting for user input to stop before reading the two password fields to try to judge them worthy or not. We'll see if there's something we can do to work around that. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: b5x-226

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like you can't get to the HOOPP password page without being a member. oh well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@haraldwithtwoehs: Thanks for getting back to me! The "member" thing helps. I'll see if we have anyone here who is. :)

This discussion has been closed.