Suggestion: 1Password for iPhone as card manager

hdewolf
hdewolf
Community Member

Here is a a suggestion for a new feature: I have a stack of loyalty/membership/reward program cards in my wallet.I am looking for a solution to replace these with my iPhone. I know that there are iOS apps that can scan these and display the barcode when needed, but I would like to have such a function available inside 1Password for iPhone. It already has categories for these items, but these are not so useful t the moment - they only store the information, and provide no means to actually use it.

So, my feature request consists of two parts:
(1) please add a function for 1Password to display a barcode for this kind of items
(2) please add a function for 1Password to add these items by scanning the barcode with the camera

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@hdewolf: Hmm. I really like using Apple's Wallet (formerly Passbook, I think...) for this, since it's so readily available and they actually have relationships with vendors that allow them to use QR codes, which scan much better on a reflective, backlit screen than the old UPC barcodes do. So not only would it be a lot of work for us logistically to build similar relationships, but 1Password cannot integrate with the OS like that. You can, however, upload images as Documents in a 1Password.com account...though the design of the card can cause issues with that, and again you'd have to unlock your phone and 1Password to access it. It's definitely an interesting idea though, so perhaps in the future it will become more feasible. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

I have a feature request, 1Password offers to save membership cards and other types of items. Especially these membership cards (Points collection, cash back) have often a 2D or 3D Barcode to be scanned at the cash register. If I could scan these codes into the respected item in 1Password and have the ability to load it from 1Password on Smartphone again for show it to the guy at the cash register that would be great.
    This will turn also 1Password into a wallet like thing and I could leave the real plastic cards at home. Right now I have a separate app for that, but somehow its kind of redundancy as I have these details in 1 Password (and maybe the login details also) and then the 2nd app with these scannable barcodes. If you implement a special section (like favourites) where I can access these wallet like items fast and easy would be great. I think the scanned barcode can be just a further detail next to PIN/URL/Numbers etc. - just needs a smart way to get it fast, easy and "big" on the screen for scanning.
    My current app I am using for that is driven by commercials and shows me advertisings for these stores - so somehow I think there are data privacy concerns as my details find their way to data analysts. I trust you more than them ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @telephoneman

I’ve merged this with another thread asking for a similar thing. Please see Brenty’s reply above. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.