update now have 2 1password apps and broken shortcut keys

henriloh
henriloh
Community Member

almost every update i seem to have using 1password again. Today, my shortcut key of cmmd\ no longer works. I looked for app and saw 1password and 1password 6. Then there's the mini up top and then the chrome. It's too much to keep up and i have no idea which to install/reinstall! Agggg. This app drives me nuts bc when it's not working it's SO DAMN difficult to understand why it doesn't work.
and then all newly created passwords aren't saved and then i'm screwed in this pattern of generating passwords that aren't saved that I have no idea what they are.
Killing me here.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:update with 2 1password apps and broken shortcut keys

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@henriloh: It sounds like you just may not have 1Password mini running, as that's where you get the menu bar icon, keyboard shortcuts, and browser integration. Have you tried restarting your Mac, or opening the main 1Password app? If you're still having trouble, the app may simply be damaged, or you may have multiple copies which are conflicting. Please do the following:

1. Drag any copies of 1Password to the Trash -- DO NOT use a "cleaner" app!
    2. Restart your Mac
    3. Install a fresh copy of 1Password: https://1password.com/downloads/
    4. Open 1Password and make sure you have 1Password mini set to run in Preferences > General

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.