iOS app not saving manual entries

SteveSalt
SteveSalt
Community Member
edited October 2017 in iOS

I noticed this on back on my iOS 10 iPhone 6 whatever 1P it was, and on the latest 1P on my iPhone 8 iOS 11.0.3, was hoping new iOS/new 1P would solve this but I have an issue where a new login entry directly in 1P App (not in the browser), does not save.

1. + sign in upper corner
  2. create new Login
  3. "test login" > create login for "test login"
  4. scooby@doo.com (touch arrow)
  5. touch generate new password
  6. touch "save" in upper right corner
  7. confirmation grey square "login saved"
  8. Search "test login" ... nothing
  9. Search "scooby" ... nothing
  10. go get a sandwich
  11. go to iMac, launch 1P desktop, search; nothing.
  12. Try iPhone app again
  13. Search "test login" ... nothing
  14. Search "scooby" ... nothing

— and i'm checking All vaults too

On the desktop, i can create a new login, it will sync to mobile and i can use it almost immediately, so i know sync works and i know creating new works on the desktop .

Help!

(thanks)

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.0.3
Sync Type: subscribed

Comments

• SteveSalt
    SteveSalt
    Community Member

sorry, the bullet was interpreted by html from the use of the plus sign (+), "i touch the [plus] sign in upper corner"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SteveSalt: No problem. Fixed that for you. :)

It sounds like you just have "Search Titles" selected. That will not include search results from text in other fields. If you select "Search Everything" instead that should help. At least, I'm able to find it using your steps here:

Also, make sure you have the correct vault selected if you've hidden it in Settings > Vaults > All Vaults. Does that help? :)

• SteveSalt
    SteveSalt
    Community Member

ahh bingo... my phone was default saving to a hidden (aka: old pre-subscription) vault!
    thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Aha! I thought it might be something like that. Glad that helped. We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• jgoldstein
    jgoldstein
    Community Member

I had this very issue today. Brenty's comment "Also, make sure you have the correct vault selected if you've hidden it in Settings > Vaults > All Vaults" was my very issue. My concern is that prior to changing my vault to "Personal", the iOS app indicates that the creation/save was successful. It was only after I searched for the new entry that I found it wasn't there, causing me to troubleshoot. Perhaps an enhancement would be to indicate that the creation step really failed (and perhaps in addition, indicating what to change to create it successfully?).

• @jgoldstein,

Are you sure the item wasn’t created in a different vault than the one you were expecting? It definitely didn’t save at all?

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jgoldstein: Yeah, be sure to check what you have set as the default "Vault for saving" in 1Password Settings > Vaults > All Vaults.

• jgoldstein
    jgoldstein
    Community Member

It definitely didn't save, but I did notice that I had a vault called "Primary" out there that was no longer needed and went ahead and deleted it. Following that, when I created the new login entry, it saved successfully. To Brenty's point, I just checked the default "Vault for saving" and it's set to "Personal", which is where the new entry was saved. Not sure what this was set to prior to deleting "Primary", but I thought it was "Personal". In any event, all seems well. Thanks to both of you for your assistance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jgoldstein - If you had a Primary (local) vault, that was quite likely to have been the default vault for saving. You can of course change it to whatever you like, but if you had NOT yet done so, it's odds-on that was what was selected. Anyway, glad you got it sorted!

This discussion has been closed.