To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have the old paid subscription from the App Store and my data transferred but now Read only?

Options
neferriman
neferriman
Community Member

Do I need to buy a new monthly subscription and IF I do, will it automatically sync my 1Password data I have synced in Dropbox. When I bought a new MAC the data transferred and I can see my info but it is 'READ ONLY' on my phone and 2 other computers it works like it used to.

Thank you to see if 1) I need to buy. 2) if it will automatically sync my data

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS 10.13.12
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:old subscription cannot use in new computer

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@neferriman - No, you don't need to subscribe to a 1password.com account; 1Password can be used in standalone mode if you prefer to continue using it that way. But the reason 1Password is in Read Only mode right now would be because you downloaded it from the Mac App Store and you don't have a previous purchase of 1Password from there. If you originally purchased 1Password for Mac from us (AgileBits), then you will have a license key/file and you'll need to visit our downloads page and download 1Password from us instead of the Mac App Store. Make sure you fully Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then follow these instructions to switch over from the Mac App Store version to our version. Let us know if you run into any difficulties!

• neferriman
    neferriman
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, worked perfectly! Have the password 6 version and all data transferred. Thank you Lars

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.