chrome extension for 1password stopped working

I updated 1password6 and the chrome extension stopped working on my mac. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it's still not working. The extension version is 4.6.12.90.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension for 1password stopped working

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@c_beckman This can sometimes happen when Chrome has updated and not restarted. If you visit chrome://settings/help, does it show a pending update that needs a restart to complete?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• c_beckman
    c_beckman
    Community Member

Yes, that worked. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update (pun sort of intended). On behalf of Jamie, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• richps23
    richps23
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Hi, I'm also having an issue with my Chrome extension not working - running Mac OS 10.13.2 + Chrome version 63.0.3239.108.
    Chrome is up to date and restarted, yet still cannot get the extension to work; clicking it doesn't do anything.

**actually, never mind, it is now working...., please consider closed!*

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

No worries @richps23 :smile: Glad to hear its working again.

• RexRay
    RexRay
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

I'm having the same issue with 1Password 6 extension in the latest version of Chrome for Mac running High Sierra 10.13.2. I've uninstalled and reinstalled extension, verified that Chrome isn't in the process of updating and quit and restarted Chrome. The Chrome extension icon blinks, but gives only the menu shown when clicked.
    Any further ideas?

• RexRay
    RexRay
    Community Member

Actually, never mind. Restarting the Mac fixed the issue. Thanks anyway!

• I'm glad to hear restarting your Mac did the trick, @RexRay! Be sure to let us know if the issue returns.

• bob_voges
    bob_voges
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

1Password extension is working in chrome on my home machine, but not at work. looking at the Chrome version on the work machine, I see this:
    Google Chrome
    Updates are disabled by your administrator.
    Version 61.0.3163.91 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Could that be the problem?

Thanks

(Edited) NEVERMIND!! It works now.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @bob_voges,

Glad to hear it's resolved :smile: Let us know if you run into any other issues.

• PGrin
    PGrin
    Community Member

Just switched over to 1Password Families (V6.8.496) and from 1 Password 4 and now I cannot get the Chrome browser extension to work. It worked fine with 1Password 4. I have already uninstalled V4 from my computer. Please help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PGrin - sorry you're having trouble with 1Password's Chrome extension just now -- the first thing I'd do is delete the extension, restart your PC and then, using Chrome, re-download the current version of the Chrome extension from our extensions page. That may be enough to solve the issue right there. Let us know how it goes!

• PGrin
    PGrin
    Community Member

Hi @Lars - It tells me it is looking for the 1Password helper and provides me with the following message "Couldn’t connect to 1Password - Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. Follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us." I have removed the extension and reinstalled it, removed the extension then restarted my computer and reinstalled it, just restarted my computer... but nothing seems to be working. I feel like it is trying to look for V4.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@PGrin -- that may be the case, but I doubt it if you've removed version 4 correctly/thoroughly. At this point, to get a better idea of what might be causing the problem, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

ref: FYA-54975-587

• PGrin
    PGrin
    Community Member

Thanks @Lars

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Lars, you are most welcome! We're always here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.