iOS 11 upgrade as new device, 1Password data is years old and mostly outdated

Rayto
Rayto
Community Member
edited January 2018 in iOS

I just upgraded one of my iPads to iOS 11. 1Password's vault is in Dropbox. The data it synced is years old and mostly no longer valid. My other iOS devices are syncing fine. I only have one Dropbox account and 1 1Password vault.

Can anyone shed some light on what's going on? I need the iOS 11 iPad to sync current data. No idea where it's even getting the data it's picking up.

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version:
OS Version: iOS 11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member

The above is solved. There were 2 1Password vaults in Dropbox. One in Apps>1Password.opvault>default. That's the vault with the old data. The other vault is in Dropbox root, named 1Password.agilekeychain. This vault is current data.

What is 1Password.opvault? Can it be deleted?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rayto: Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the update! Both are 1Password vaults, just in different formats. Whether or not you can delete one or the other will depend on if you need the data you've stored inside it though, and that isn't a question we can answer for you. But if you already have everything you need in the other vault, you may not need the second. Let us know if you need anything else though! :)

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. Looks like I'm using the less favored vault format. So far the approach to converting from keychain to opvault seems a bit beyond me. So keychain will stay and I don't lose anything by deleting the opvault files.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@Rayto: Honestly, I wonder if the OPVault was the result of you converting, even if accidentally. It's much easier than you think, especially on iOS:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain (iOS)

The only caveat is that if you have older versions of 1Password you're syncing with, they may not be compatible with that. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.