1Password Mini Slow to Open/Unlock, iPhone Slow to Search

Options
amityweb
amityweb
Community Member

I have used 1Password for many years but lately the speed of using it on a Mac and iPhone is very annoying. The Mac Mini in Chrome takes ages to open the first time. I click the icon or Cmd \ to open it and enter my password, then it just sits there spinning for ages. It used to be instant.

On the iPhone if I open it up in Chrome to login to a site, and do a search/filter to find what I want, that also takes a while.

I have three vaults. The Primary is empty I don't use it (just because of the sync issue in that it does not merge records, I have ended up using separate vaults from the primary), then my Work one which has 1604 records, and Personal one which has 218.

Could it be I just have too many? Its not really a lot for a standard database system. This number would not affect the performance of say a MySQL database for example. I know its not using that, just saying I don't think the number of records should be an issue for database performance. So something else, or just not an efficient database?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@amityweb: Thanks for reaching out! I'm afraid I'm a bit confused though, as I'm not sure if you're referring to 1Password for Mac or iOS, and you didn't include any of the requested OS and 1Password version information. Could you tell me that? Also, which vault format and sync method are you using? Thanks in advance!

• amityweb
    amityweb
    Community Member
    Options

So sorry and sorry for late reply... its for Mac.
    1Password 6
    Version 6.8.6 (686004)

macOS High Sierra version 10.13.2

Dropbox Sync

What is vault format? The file suffix is opvault if that helps?

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amityweb: Yep! OPVault is exact what I needed. Thank you! That can definitely be more taxing, as it's the newer format. The fact that you're seeing the same issue across devices suggests that either you REALLY have a lot of data, they're a bit underpowered, or something is damaged though. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your devices, reproduce the same issue on each, and then generate a diagnostic report for each so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#NMD-17773-347]

If you’re reading this and you are not amityweb, this Support ID is for amityweb only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent them. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: NMD-17773-347

• amityweb
    amityweb
    Community Member
    Options

OK thanks will bear that in mind next time I notice it, it usually happens after a restart and first login/open.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amityweb - thanks; we'll keep an eye out. :)

This discussion has been closed.