I can’t open 1Password. There is no place to input my password or prompt for Touch ID.

mccavity
mccavity
Community Member

I opened 1Password this morning and discovered that there is neither a place to type my password nor a Touch ID prompt. There is just the lock symbol, and tapping it does nothing. How do I get into my account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Os 11.2.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can’t open 1Password. There is no place to input my password or prompt for Touch ID.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mccavity! Sorry for the trouble with 1Password for iOS just now! From your description, I'm not 100% sure what might be going on, but if you have neither a Touch ID or Face ID prompt OR a text field to enter your Master Password, it sounds as if either 1Password or possibly iOS is in the process of crashing. I'd force-quit 1Password from the Application Switcher on your iOS device, and then relaunch 1Password from your home screen. If that still doesn't work, try restarting your device completely (power off, then back on). Let us know how that works for you!

• mccavity
    mccavity
    Community Member

Thank you. By the time I saw your message, the problem had resolved itself. I didn’t force quit, but I did re-open the app several hours later and there was the password field and the touch ID prompt. Very weird. This is the first time of had any kind of problem with the app.

• Thanks for the update @mccavity. Glad to hear the issue seems to have resolved itself. If it does happen again please let us know. We’d love to get to the bottom of why it happen(s/ed).

Just to clarify: you do know your Master Password, correct? Please answer yes or no, do not post your Master Password. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• almrguy
    almrguy
    Community Member

I didn’t have a place to input password after upgrading iOS for 1Password. So I deleted the app and downloaded again from the app store. Now I am requested to buy a subscription! How do I get my old app back?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@almrguy - I'm not quite sure what you may have seen/experienced, because under normal operating conditions, 1Password for iOS should always show you an option to enter your Master Password when you open it. If you've enabled Touch ID or Face ID (if you have an iPhone X), you may get that prompt as well -- but your Master Password is the cornerstone of how 1Password functions; you should always be able to get to the entry field for it.

Unfortunately, when you delete an application in iOS, you remove not only the application itself but also all associated data. With 1Password, that means all of your 1Password data. Prior to you deleting 1Password from your device, were you syncing your 1Password data by means of iCloud, Dropbox or WLAN? Do you have your 1Password data available on any other device, or were you making regular iTunes backups of your iOS device?

• almrguy
    almrguy
    Community Member

I didn’t have a place to input password after upgrading iOS for 1Password. So I deleted the app and downloaded again from the app store. Now I am requested to buy a subscription! How do I get my old app back?

• almrguy
    almrguy
    Community Member

Yes, I still have working versions of 1Password on my desktop and iPhone. The redownloaded app on my iPad will only allow me to sign in if I agree to a subscription!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@almrguy You don't have to sign up for a 1Password membership, but can you tell me what method of sync you were using to keep your data synced across your devices? Was it iCloud? Dropbox? If you're not sure, you can open (on your iPhone) Settings > Sync > (name of vault) > Sync Service to see what's being used.

Once you've got that, then on your iPad, you can scroll down at the welcome screen and choose the same sync method to import (sync) your data.

This discussion has been closed.