Where is my Account key for 1Password 6 Family??

Options
Southeast Michael
Southeast Michael
Community Member

I have had a family account !Password for a long time. I have tried repeatedly to follow website instructions to find Key so I can read account to my wife's new computer. It is an endless do loop with no information on Key.

1Password Version: 6.86
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OSX 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6 Family for Mac for years without a secret key. Need to add to wife' new mac.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Southeast Michael

Unless you have a “1Password Families” subscription membership you will not have a Secret Key. Secret Keys are a feature of 1Password.com membership accounts, and not of “standalone licenses” (it sounds like you may have the latter).

With a standalone license 1Password.com service is not included, and you do not have an “account” with us. You’ll need to select one of the other options from the welcome screen to proceed, or consider migrating to a 1Password Families membership:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you’re happy with your standalone license you can continue using that with 1Password 6 for Mac for as long as you’d like, but membership accounts are a separate subscription service. You can read about some of the benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.