Adding new logins or secure notes needs to be easier to access ??

myhost316
myhost316
Community Member

So, a couple of requests - First the Android app needs the big blue + circle available on all of the screens, not just the category screen. I have the default screen to Favorites, but to add a secure note or login, I have to change the view to the category screen. Why?

On my MacBook Pro -
On the Firefox 1Password mini, there is no where to add a secure note, or new login manually. I have to open the main program to add any new items. Many times while browsing I would like to jot down a note, and believe it would be helpful to be able to add a new secure note or login using the 1Password mini toolbar extension on Firefox.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rickfillion
    edited December 2017

I have the default screen to Favorites, but to add a secure note or login, I have to change the view to the category screen. Why?

That's a good question. I'll make sure that the Android team sees this.

On my MacBook Pro - On the Firefox 1Password mini, there is no where to add a secure note, or new login manually.

Yes. This bugs me as well. There are some enhancements coming to 1Password mini, and I'm hopeful that this kind of thing will be addressed.

Rick

• myhost316
    myhost316
    Community Member

Please, please, please fix the android app so I can add a new login from any screen. This is a terrible design that I can't create a new login or entry from the favorites screen. Please, please, please.
    You just pushed an update and its not fixed. This is so annoying and not helpful. To me this is a basic request and design issue.
    Thank you -

So, a couple of requests - First the Android app needs the big blue + circle available on all of the screens, not just the category screen. I have the default screen to Favorites, but to add a secure note or login, I have to change the view to the category screen. Why?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@myhost316 - it's not so much a question of "fix" as it is assessing how various UI changes will affect all our users on a given platform (along with other considerations). For what it's worth, this isn't possible on iOS either, and for many of the same reasons.

...to add a secure note or login, I have to change the view to the category screen. Why?

The main reason is uncertainty about the user's intent. If you're using the Favorites screen to enter a new item, should it be added as a Favorite right away? Possibly not? If we decide for the user, we'll be wrong in many cases. Some people will want a new item created from the Favorites screen to be a Favorite immediately, others (like you, if I read you correctly) just want to create an item that isn't a favorite. Either way, some percentage of users will be annoyed and have to take further steps to correct "our mistake" in such a case. We could add a pop-up asking the user whether they intend it to be a favorite, but a) pop-ups should be used sparingly and only when necessary, and b) dismissing the pop-up would be one tap...which is the exact same amount of effort necessary to tap the Categories screen and add your item. In the end, so far, we've not heard a compelling argument in favor of this, or found a way to do it that doesn't alienate as many people as it satisfies.

This discussion has been closed.