Autofill password is sometimes incorrect?

Options

Hi

Randomly a certain website says I have entered the wrong password despite it autofilling what I presume to be the correct password.

Its a website that first asks for username/email, 1password autofills this, next a box pops up asking for password, which 1passwords autofills.

Sometimes when I click login in will say I have entered incorrect password?

To get around this I remove the password that was autofilled by 1p and click on my 1p browser extension and click the the website from there where it autofills the correct password.

Sometimes I can login fine, which makes it a bit strange.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @telUK,

If I'm understanding correctly it's consistently a single site even if the regularity with which it occurs appears to be random. There are a couple of things I'd love to learn.

1. The next time it happens, if instead of clearing the password field before instructing 1Password to fill again you simply ask 1Password to fill does anything appear to happen? The reason I ask is if the field value is different at all 1Password will replace the current value with the stored password and if 1Password does this it will attempt to submit the form if you use submit after filling.
    2. Do you have browser autofill enabled and if you disable it do you see a reduction or elimination in these odd failures? Our support page Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser can help with this.

How would you feel about sharing the URL for the site as well? If it's a site where we can readily create a test account we can try to reproduce and see if we can learn why it is happening.

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

It's only a single site that does this, I just tried logging in and it was ok this time, I haven't got browser autofill enabled.
    When it happens again I will try what you suggested.

Thank's

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.