I can't log in with my Master Password, though I logged in a few moments ago, i.e., before time-out

Options
FirstBaptistChurchPA
FirstBaptistChurchPA
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Mac

I have used my 1Password account since the start of the business day, i.e., 9:00 a.m. on Jan. 25, 2018. The 1Password app/vault for my Mac will periodically time-out if not in use for a three to five minutes. I opened the vault to access some information, i.e., usernames, passwords, etc. about 12:30 p.m. at about 1:00 p.m. I attempted to login to this 1Password vault for other information; however, I was not permitted log in: even though I was using the same Master Password that I had used multiple time prior to that. This is not the first time that this has happened: it occurred once before just a month or two ago, and without explanation. What is causing this issue, and how do I resolve it? I need immediate access to the information stored in my vault. Thank you for assisting me with this issue.

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: masOS High Sierra ver. 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't log in with my Master Password, though I logged in a few moments ago, i.e., before time-out

ref: CBX-45994-828

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FirstBaptistChurchPA: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! This isn't something we can help with directly, as the Master Password can only be entered and known by you, but please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly.

I do tend to agree with sylath that it sounds like an input problem though, as that would explain why you only sometimes have trouble with it. Try restarting the computer and using a different keyboard. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.