old CCV code lingers on

Options
AgileMe
AgileMe
Community Member

I received a new credit card about a month ago, and promptly updated the expiration date and CCV code. I can see that the new information was successfully saved for that credit card entry in 1Password - yet the old CCV code keeps getting filled in when I use 1Password on my Mac to make an online purchase. I don't know where the old code is coming from, I can't see it anywhere, but that's what gets filled into the CCV field. I can see that other people have had this problem in the past, but those threads have been closed. What should I do? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AgileMe: It sounds like you may have the old code in the "verification number" field. That's the one which will fill, as it's part of 1Password's template for Credit Card items. Can you check that for me? Holding down the Option key will also reveal the contents of all fields while you're viewing the item. Let me know what you find!

• AgileMe
    AgileMe
    Community Member
    Options

You’re brilliant! I had changed the security code and the CCV Code fields, but missed the verification number. Thanks, I’m sure that will do the trick.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome! Glad that helped. I can't agree that I'm brilliant, just someone who's overlooked similar things myself. Happy to pass along the knowledge I've gained from those experiences. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.