Can't log in automatically after the password has been filled in

Options
TooTall4U
TooTall4U
Community Member

I must be missing a step. Only on some sites, when I choose the login from my 1Password Mini, it just sits there - it won't continue to log me into the site. I have to manually hit the login button. Is there another step to do when setting up a new password?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:login automatically

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TooTall4U: Can you give me an example? Certainly if you've disabled autosubmit in 1Password or in specific items you'll need to submit the form. But if you'll let me know the URL and the browser version you're using, I'll be happy to test it. :)

• TooTall4U
    TooTall4U
    Community Member
    Options

uI haven't disabled autosubmit -- is that under Preferences>Browsers? I have checked the box "Automatically Sign In After Filling User Names and Passwords". I've never unchecked it.

At this point, it only seems to be https://runess.adp.com/@836d254c-789b-41b8-8052-d48a639e95d8/ess/registered/passwordwt.aspx?ProvisioningProfileID=14303906&Stc=True&ssru=branded.

Do you think it's specifically this website?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TooTall4U: It could be. I'm unable to test it properly without an account. Can you tell me if you're able to submit the form using the Return key? Also, are you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password or the AgileBits Store version?

• TooTall4U
    TooTall4U
    Community Member
    Options

I have the AgileBits Store version. And yes, I can use the Return key to submit. It's just odd. That seems to be the only place that it doesn't automatically login.

Just as an aside, I purchased this directly from the website, but when I go to the App Store, it lets me download that version and I don't have to pay for it. Can I use either version? Or does that matter?

• rudy
    Options

@TooTall4U,

If you purchased a license from us then you won't be able to use that license with the version from the App Store. It will treat you as though you haven't paid. This is Apple's rule, no external licensing system is allowed for App Store downloads.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.