[Resolved] How do I restore from 1Password.opvault?

Options
howdytom
howdytom
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Mac

I am using the local folder sync options for a long time. When I double click on the 1Password.opvault file, 1Password asks me to import it into my existing vault. However how can I restore the 1Password.opvault into a empty 1Password vault? I am unable to import 1Password.opvault via Import… > 1Password or Other… Why should I keep a copy of a standalone vault on a local folder if I can't access it?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@howdytom,

You could create a new vault and then double click the opvault and choose that vault to sync with that opvault file. Alternatively you can create that secondary vault and choose the opvault file from the Sync tab in the Preferences window.

Another option if you don't care about the existing data in the Primary vault would be to choose Help -> Troubleshooting -> Reset All 1Password Data. This will wipe out all the existing data and then you can choose that via the first run window in the bottom section, where it says "From my mac".

OPVault isn't an import format, so that's why it doesn't show up under import.

Rudy

• howdytom
    howdytom
    Community Member
    Options

Rudy, thank you for your quick reply.

Another option...via the first run window in the bottom section, where it says "From my mac".

Yes, this is exactly I was looking for. Boom. It worked out beautifully!

• rudy
    Options

@howdytom,

Great! Let us know if you have any other questions. :) :+1:

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.