Can you force a sync with 1Password.com in Windows client

I recently updated two logins on my MacBook Pro and the updates did make it up to 1Password.com since the logins are updated on my iOS devices. However, I just looked on Windows and those two logins have not updated. Is there a way to force my Windows 1Password client to sync with 1Password.com, or also see when the most recent update happened?

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password.com Families

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@btownguy -- there is indeed. Locking, then unlocking 1Password 6 for Windows will always force a sync. 10 seconds after unlock. If you're running latest 6.8.492, it should be forcing a sync once an hour.

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member

Sorry to resurrect this thread. On Windows I'm on 6.8.496. The item counts are delayed significantly...even when I lock and unlock 1Password. I have 265 items in my "All Vaults" on iOS and 1Password.com. However, on Windows I'm only showing 263 items (I added 2 items over the weekend). Any ideas?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@btownguy - That definitely shouldn't be happening. A sync is not instantaneous in 1Password for Windows; it may be delayed by up to ten seconds...but when you say "delayed significantly," I assume you meant longer than this. If not, please let it wait a full sixty seconds to see if you can see the new items.

If you still can't, then I'd like you to check two things:

1. On iOS, do you have only your 1password.com account/vaults? Or do you also have a local (standalone) Primary vault? If you have a Primary vault, is it possible you saved the two newer items there, instead of your account? I know you said you see it on 1password.com as well, just trying to cover all the bases here before we really get into the weeds.
    2. If that's not the issue, then I'd like you to create a new Secure Note; one each in all three locations (web, iOS and Windows). Call them something different and memorable so that you can tell on any device where each one is from. I usually call them "From iOS," "From Windows," "From Web," etc. Wait a couple of minutes and let us know whether you can see all three items on all three devices, or if it's something else, what you do see. Thanks.
  • btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member

Creating the Secure Note from Windows forced the other 2 items (logins) that were created over the weekend to sync. Odd.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@btownguy - that IS odd, but at least we're certain that sync is functioning. I'd guess (and it's only a guess) that one or more of your devices was not properly able to connect to the 1password.com server (probably the Windows PC). Keep an eye on this (if you have the time and inclination), and let us know if the problem recurs or you notice anything else that's unusual. We're always here to help! :)

• DavidCameron
    DavidCameron
    Community Member

I'm seeing similar issues. I logged into my windows computer after a break and realised that the passwords weren't syncing over.

What I found was that shutting it down and opening it again didn't force a sync. Eventually I found this post. When I locked 1Password, left it for 10 seconds, then unlocked it, this forced a sync.

So it worked, but as a user of the app my expectation was that it would sync on startup. Or at least shortly after starting. It doesn't immediately make sense that sync only happens with locking / unlocking the app.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DavidCameron,

You are completely right: sync should be seamless for you and I apologise for these issues. We have made a ton of improvements (including sync ones) in the upcoming 1Password 7 for Windows, so please stay tuned. If you want to try it now, it is already available in beta.

Let me know if you decide to try it out, I will be happy to help you. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• DavidCameron
    DavidCameron
    Community Member

@Greg, great to hear. Looking forward to the new version.

I love the product and it's great that you're so responsive.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@DavidCameron: Thank you for your kind words! :blush: We are always ready to help you with 1Password, so please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.