What is a sign in address? I'm trying to get 1 password to work on my Android phone

htsuda
htsuda
Community Member

The first line in set up is "Sign-in address" What is this? I know my email address. And I have 1password on my Mac
I may be confused because i was told it is a family account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:What is a sign in address? I'm trying to get 1 password to work on my Android phone

Comments

• peri
    edited January 2018

Hi @htsuda. If you have a Families account, the sign-in address would be the domain for that account. Something like https://peri.1password.com, for instance. Do you have the Emergency Kit for your 1Password account? If not, launch 1Password on Mac and select 1Password > Preferences > Accounts, and you'll see the account details there. Click Add devices to get a QR code you can scan instead of manually entering your info.

Let me know if that helps!

• htsuda
    htsuda
    Community Member

Thank you. I used the family account name before the .1password.com and got in. However, no where did I see the account name refered to as a sign-in address or a domain. Wish I could have figured out add devices and QR codes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@htsuda: It's in your Emergency Kit, which you're told to save when creating the account:

But it's possible that you signed up for an individual account originally and only later converted it to a family plan. In that case, you would have been prompted to create a new domain for your sign in address at that time. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.