To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

BUG — 1Password Web App — Generating new Secret Keys more than once in succession causes hang

JCBird1012
JCBird1012
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Memberships

Problem
Upon regenerating a new Secret Key more than once, the Web App hangs, providing no confirmation a change has occurred. This is bad behavior, as in my experience, the Secret Key has actually been changed, but there's no confirmation to the user (or browser) the change has occurred.

Steps to Reproduce
Login to your account my.1password.com (or variant thereof) and Regenerate Secret Key (located under My Profile)... Then do that again immediately after (not touching anything else).
The UI should hang and provide no confirmation a change has occurred (when it actually has)... The browser will not be informed of the Secret Key change, so refreshing the page will lock you out of your 1Password account permanently, assuming you didn't save your Emergency Kit immediately prior, as the browser has the incorrect Secret Key.
However, pressing cancel on the loading spinner will bring you back to My Profile with an updated (and correct) Secret Key.

Obviously, this is a specific case. Under typical circumstances, Secret Keys shouldn't typically be regenerated in rapid succession, but nonetheless, this is an issue.
I recommend only doing this on test accounts. This bug has occurred on Google Chrome, and for obvious reasons, has not been personally tested on other browsers.

1Password Version: Version 454
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3 on Google Chrome 64.0.3282.119
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JCBird1012

Thanks for letting us know about this difficulty. I’ve filed a bug with our development team for further investigation.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: B5-3724

This discussion has been closed.