When do translations finally come?

tylex
tylex
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a family subscription for me and my family, but my family does not understand or speak English. So it is NOT possible for me to roll it out to them. So my only option is to switch to another password manager, unless there is finally a translation at the horizon.
As I said in an earlier post, I am willing to help with the translation to German.

So any chance this will happen in short term?

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1709
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tylex,

Thanks for writing in and for your offer to help with the translations.

We have a few native Germans (hi @AlexHoffmann) on our team that will translate the program when we're ready to accept the translations.

We are getting to that point where we can start the work on it but we're not quite there yet. Our primary focus right now is on 1Password 7 with standalone vaults and licensing, and once we finish that, we do want to start on the translations.

I don't have a timeframe on this, the holidays has slowed us down a bit. We do apologize and understand that you need to prioritize your family's safety first.

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

It's my family's need, too. With a year old that starts using its first smartphone it's important to create a familiar environment :)

• Hi @Sniem,

Thanks for letting us know and for choosing 1Password to be a part of your family. I wish I can say more but stay tuned, it's not going to be a long wait.

• jochen2d
    jochen2d
    Community Member

I am also waiting for the german translation of the windows-version.
    The translation was greast in 1Password _4 under Windows.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed! We're all waiting for translations of 1Password 6, but hopefully we'll have something to share before too long. Cheers! ;)

• Hey folks,

We're starting the work on translations, you can see the progress in the latest 1Password 7 Beta 1 release here.

This discussion has been closed.