1PW mysteriously stopped working in Firefox 58

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

This is the second time this week that 1PW has mysteriously stopped working in Firefox 58. By stopped working, I mean I can click on the 1PW icon in the toolbar until I'm blue in the face and nothing happens. Likewise for the hotkeys in FF. I can open a Chrome instance and all is well. It was working fine last night, then I wake up and use FF and 1PW is unresponsive. The last time this happened I had to reboot my PC, as killing the background 1PW processes and trying to restart them didn't help.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member
    Options

I sent support a diagnostics report and a link to this post, BTW.

• @TravelSD: Found your e-mail, thank you! I'll go ahead and reply there. While there are usually a few things we can try without diagnostics, it's always easier with them so thanks for sending them! Give me a bit to look things over and I'll be back with you ASAP. :chuffed:

ref: FGG-57998-946

• jeff2589
    jeff2589
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it seems as though the latest brilliant release from the Mozilla geniuses has broken 1Password for Firefox. Where before I'd have this issue about once or twice a month and the easy fix was to re-install the extension, now, no matter how many times I install the extension, Mozilla Firefox will not fill the password field. I have to manually click on the login dialog box and select the proper password from 1Password. I wish the Mozilla geniuses would just take a vacation - they really need one!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeff2589,

Thank you for chipping in! Really appreciate it.

Could you also share a diagnostics report from 1Password 6 on your PC, so we could take a closer look at what is going on? Please attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums here.

Once you receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant, please find your Support ID number there and post that number here so we can track down your report on our side. Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• jeff2589
    jeff2589
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID is: #ACT-17895-861. Since I didn't include a description of the problem when I sent the diagnostics report, I'll do it here. The issue of 1Password and Firefox is long-standing - this is nothing new. In the past, when 1Password didn't auto-fill the login dialog box in Firefox, the solution was to re-install the browser extension. It was annoying, but it only took a minute or so and I could continue until the next time 1 Pasword and Firefox got into a shoving match, usually a couple of weeks or a month or so. But since the latest release, Firefox is telling 1Password to shove it - I'm not going to fill in the password. I'll only fill in the user ID and you can tell your owner to fill in the password. Between this issue and an issue with Firefox and Facebook, I'm thinking of bailing out of Firefox. Like I said, the geniuses at Mozilla really need to take a vacation!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeff2589: Thanks for letting us know! Can you give an example URL or two? That sounds like 1Password is filling, but perhaps just has treble with the specific site.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeff2589: We have found your email on our side. Thank you!

It seems that you are using 1Password on your Mac, so your issue is (most likely) different from TravelSD, since this is a Windows category. :) We will take a look and get back to you via email as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: #ACT-17895-861

This discussion has been closed.