To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

upgrade to family plan with membership bought at apple store?

karlwenner
karlwenner
Community Member

Please walk me through the current process to upgrade to family plan after purchasing membership from apple store.

Thanks!
Karl

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Please walk me through the process to upgrade to family plan with membership bought at apple store

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@karlwenner - Sure! It's not as easy as 1-2-3 but the steps are pretty quick and easy to follow. Because you're subscribed for an Individual account, you'll need to cancel your Apple Subscription. Once you've done that, let us know, and we'll mark it as canceled in our back office (this is because we don't receive auto-notification from the Mac App Store). Once we mark it as canceled in our back office, your account will enter Frozen status, at which point, you'll be able to sign into your account in a web browser, and invite your family members. Doing this will immediately convert your account from an Individual account to a 1Password Families account. Let us know if you have any issues, and happy converting! :)

• karlwenner
    karlwenner
    Community Member

Lars,
    thanks for the note. So, once I do this, is the membership still paid through Apple? And, if so , what is the rate for the family plan?
    Thanks.
    Karl

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@karlwenner - once you cancel your current Apple Subscription for the Individual account, there won't be a payment method of any kind associated with your account (temporarily). That's when you can switch to 1Password Families. From there, the rate is $59.88 for a full year ($4.99/mo) for up to five people. Once you've switched to 1Password Families, you can choose another Apple Subscription, or you can use the Billing tab of your account to go directly through us (AgileBits). Let us know if you have questions.

• karlwenner
    karlwenner
    Community Member

Lars, I have canceled my subscription through Apple so I await your cancellation in the back office. As I understand it, this 'freezes" the account but I can access it and invite a family member, and then choose either apple or agilebits to subscribe again, is this correct? I am assuming that all my data is still there.

Thanks
    Karl

• Hi Karl,

We’ve made the appropriate adjustments on our end so you should be able to follow through now and invite family members and set up billing again. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.