1Password Auto Fill No Working

I just moved from 1Password 4 Standalone to 1Password Family. I currently use Microsoft Edge and Chrome, My family members use Edge and Mozilla. For the life of me we can not get the auto fill function to work like it did in Version 4. How do i enable that or get it to work? I have to right click the username field and then go to 1password and then select the account to fill in. How do i configure it to do it auotmaticly when i go to a website?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @lblalock_1Pass,

Thank you for giving 1Password Families a try! I am sorry for the difficulties with it.

First of all, could you please make sure that you have uninstalled 1Password 4 from your PC? This should allow 1Password 6 to connect to 1Password extension in the browser. After that, please try to do the following to use the extension to fill your credentials:

1) Visit the website that is saved in your 1Password vault.

2) Press Ctrl + \ on your keyboard.

Does this work? Please let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

I had already removed 1password 4 before installing 6. It does not auto fill in the information. Example. I go to amazon.com login page i have the credentials saved in 1password but nothing populates. What i need to do is click inside the username filed a right click and click 1pass then my info after a second it fill the information in and i click login,

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@lblalock_1Pass: Thank you for your reply!

Are you pressing Ctrl + \ to fill your credentials on Amazon.com? Also, please try to open 1Password app first, find your Amazon Login item there, and click on a website URL in the item details.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

ok sorry... that seemed to work this time. Ctrl + \

• lblalock_1Pass
    lblalock_1Pass
    Community Member

i mean sorry it took so long to write back. but ctrl + \ worked

• @lblalock_1Pass: Glad to hear the keyboard shortcut worked for you! I hope that means all is now well, but if you have additional questions, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.