Hotkey for dropbox uses wrong password

TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

So this is a weird problem. If I use control \ on the dropbox sign in page, dropbox won't authenticate me and says bad password. I just have ONE dropbox login entry in 1PW. However, if I do a copy paste from 1PW into the password field, then I am logged in. 100% reproducible. I do notice the number of 'dots' that get pasted in with control \ is shorter than when I manually paste from 1PW.

1Password Version: 7.0.508
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TravelSD,

Thanks for reporting this.

That would be an issue with the 1Password extension as it handles the filling. Can you tell us what browser you're using along with its version and the 1Password extension version installed for it?

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

Firefox 58. Extension 4.6.1290.

• Hi @TravelSD,

I wasn't able to reproduce it easily.

Can you try saving a new Login item for the site and see if it works?

To do this, copy/paste the username/password on Dropbox's login form but don't submit. Instead, click on 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar, select the settings icon on the bottom left to select Save new Login.

After that, see if 1Password can fill it in properly.

If yes, try looking at the older Login item in the main 1Password window and click on Web form details, there may be something in there that 1Password is filling instead of your password, do you see a second password field that seem shorter than the other one?

This discussion has been closed.