Citibank website no longer recognizing username field

FYI: Very recently this website stopped recognizing the username sent by 1Pasword. This occurs on both Firefox, Safari, and Chrome browsers for Mac, so i assume it's not a browser issue. I have the latest version of all browsers installed. I work around it by copying and pasting the username into the login field.

https://online.citi.com/US/login.do?JFP_TOKEN=59BQYBNY

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @denbarth,

Can I ask a favour please. Can you try using https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do and see this works better for you? Citi's many (so many) login pages all have a certain awkwardness to them which requires hardcoded exceptions to explain to 1Password how to fill. Things changed and our current exceptions no longer work. A future version of 1Password will correct this and 1Password 6 for Windows already has the improved filling, it's just because of the various stages in development cycles that 1Password for Mac still has the old broken exceptions. That URL has proven to be a reliable page even now so I'm hoping it works for you as well. Please let us know if that helps as a workaround.

• denbarth
    denbarth
    Community Member

It worked! I’ll save that url. I can imagine it's a never ending process of fixing logins with websites always fiddling with their sites. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @denbarth,

Thank you for understanding and I'm glad to hear that URL is still a solid workaround. If you find any other problematic sites please let us know as it all helps make 1Password better :smile:

• stevenmchoi
    stevenmchoi
    Community Member

This worked for me too! Thanks! Are there any plans to fix this on the main website, and for similar problems on other websites? I think I've seen this happen elsewhere, though I can't remember which ones.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevenmchoi: It isn't possible for us to fix other people's websites (if only!), but we'll see if we can come up with some workaround to prevent them from clearing out the field after we fill it.

• stevenmchoi
    stevenmchoi
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks! What you said was what I meant x_x

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! I'm glad that lil bobby 's URL suggestion helps you now, and as a Citi customer myself, I feel your pain. But we'll see if there's something else we can do. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stevenmchoi: I had some memory of us fixing this already, and after some testing and discussion with the team I can confirm that is the case: we have a fix for the original issue you reported internally. But I did want to mention that we do have some improvements coming in a future update. If you saved your Citi login long ago, and therefore it isn't getting the benefit of some recent changes we've made in 1Password, it might be helpful to save a new one for it at that point. But, to be sure, if you're happy using that particular login page, you're good to go now. But I wanted to let you know we've got some stuff in the pipe. Cheers! :)

ref: BRAIN-283

• stevenmchoi
    stevenmchoi
    Community Member

@brenty: Great to hear! Yeah, I tried saving a new login too, but the same issue happens. The old Citi login page works fine, though, so I've just been using that. I look forward to seeing the new improvements. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

As do I @stevenmchoi :smile: There was a fair amount of "expressive language" to reach the point where I felt confident that we worked over the variety of Citi login pages, I can't wait until all of that work is in a version of 1Password for Mac that everybody has access to.

• Lyle Barrere
    Lyle Barrere
    Community Member

I am having the same issue that has been reported with Citi not allowing 1Password to fill the field. I tried the alternative login link above and it still didn't work. I am a brand new cardmember who first saved the item this month, so it shouldn't be an issue with logins saved in old versions of 1Password.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lyle Barrere,

The issue wasn't so much with the age of a Login item but the trouble we had working correctly on their various, and all subtly different login pages. That said, the fix that should mean we fill on all of their login pages is now in 1Password for Mac (6.8.7), iOS (7.0.5) and Windows (first added in 6.8.488, currently at 6.8.496).

Can you let me know what version of 1Password you have and the platform (Windows, Mac or iOS), your preferred browser and the URL you like to use - the URL bit is because there are so many. With those details we'll take a look.

This discussion has been closed.