Questions about EU-Server

I used 1PW in the past but after some inactivity my account now is frozen.
Today I wanted to log in and saw that I can select the server location (1password.eu).

Does this mean that the servers are located in the EU?
In what country are they located?
What must be done to move an existing account to the EU servers (I can not log in because the Account Key us invalid for EU servers, but I can log in the normal .com servers).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @OLLI_S

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Does this mean that the servers are located in the EU?

Yes.

In what country are they located?

They are part of Amazon’s EU Frankfurt region, which is located in Germany.

What must be done to move an existing account to the EU servers (I can not log in because the Account Key us invalid for EU servers, but I can log in the normal .com servers).

The various instances of 1Password (.com, .ca, and .eu) are enterly separate and do not “touch” or interact with each other. As such it isn’t possible for data to be moved from one instance to another on the back end. You must do so in the client apps instead.

To move you’d need to create a new 1Password account at https://start.1password.eu/signup/plan, sign in from one of the native apps, and then copy your data from the old account to the new. Once you’ve done so and are satisfied you can delete the old account.

Move items between vaults

I hope that helps!

Ben

• So you're saying we'd need to pay you again to move our data?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

I did not say that, no. Please reach out to our sales team at [email protected] if you need assistance with the billing side of this.

Ben

• How can I tell if I use the EU Servers after I already created an account without realising this option?

• cryptochromecryptochrome Junior Member

You can tell by your login URL. If you use my.1password.com you use the US servers. If you use my.1password.eu, you use the European servers. There is also one for Canada, by the way (.ca).

The same applies if you're using the Family or Business plan. Then it would just be familyname.1password.eu.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Thanks for chiming in here @cryptochrome. That’s spot on. :)

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file