To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Syncing iOS with Windows account

lupacexi
lupacexi
Community Member

Hello, I have bought a license for 1Password on Windows and I also bought the 1Password app on iOS. I would like to sync both together so that when I add information on either one, the information shows up on the other and vice versa. It seems to be asking for a secret key, which I can't find for the life of me (your website suggests logging in on Windows and then clicking 'Settings -> Accounts' and copying the key from there, but I have the latest version of 1Password and it doesn't even have a 'Settings' icon, it's 'Preferences' and even that doesn't have a 'Accounts' tab...!!!)

So, what should I do?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lupacexi: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password.com accounts do not use license keys. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Buying a standalone license for one version also does not include the others. They are each a separate purchase unless you have a membership. However, in that case you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.