MAS Account synchronization with Windows

I did buy 1Password just before moved to subscription option. I didn't create an account, my question is "Can I synchronize my passwords with Windows without having to create an account with sub plan?"

1Password Version: 6.8.6 (686003) MAS Version
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Blazej
    Blazej
    Community Member

If I have to, then how I should do it so I would preserve my current vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

I did buy 1Password just before moved to subscription option. I didn't create an account, my question is "Can I synchronize my passwords with Windows without having to create an account with sub plan?"

@Blazej: If you already have a license for each app, you can sync between them using Dropbox. If you do not have a Windows license, you'll need to go with a 1Password.com membership, as we are not selling licenses for the old version any longer.

I'm not sure what you're asking here though. Can you clarify?

Either way, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Blazej
    Blazej
    Community Member

@brenty

I'm not sure what you're asking here though. Can you clarify?

Sure, I wasn't sure if items from my previous personal valut would be overwritten by new vault by any chance.

I did move to a subscription plan and with the video under the previous link in migration category, everything is working fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Blazej: Ah, gotcha. Yeah, if you're using a 1Password.com account, all of your vaults are completely separate there. For example, you cannot set one vault to sync with another, merging their contents; you'd have to copy/move data from one to the other to combine them. With local (non-account) vaults, you could sync two together to combine their data, but generally that's not desirable either. Anyway, is sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.