add existing account

roosterstoker
roosterstoker
Community Member

Seems like "Add to Existing Account", which I ran across on my iPhone doesn't seem to want to cooperate. It all started, when I noticed on my other iMac (not the one I am on currently), that I noticed I wasn't getting synced anymore. From there, I happened to glance at Accounts,, and then noticed Add Existing account, which I cannot accomplish, (why I would have to redo this process is what I can't figure out. Sign-in address (have no idea what might be that). Simply put, I can't seem to make sure that my 2 macs, and my iOS devices are being synced, without Add account , and trying to figure out what to put in the blanks, and the other choice of Scan Account details, which I can't use with out having something to scan, I assume a Q code. I am lost in this process, but will keep on trying to figure out what the problem is, until you can help me. It appears to me that this iMac is syncing to my iPhone, through Dropbox, however, can't get my other iMac and other iOS device to sync.
Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:add existing account

Comments

• roosterstoker
    roosterstoker
    Community Member

ok,, seems like this iMac is syncing to my 2 iOS devices properly. Remaining problem, of my other iMac, not syncing to Dropbox database. That is where I first had difficulty, and then all this other procedure, Adding Existing account is where I got lost. Seems like I am having trouble seeing synced results on that iMac, even though when I notice Last Synced, seems like it says, that it Synced with in the last few moments. Perhaps I should reset the sync process with Dropbox?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@roosterstoker: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you don't have a 1Password.com account in the first place. You will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. In that case you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Aside from that, I'm not sure what you're trying to do or what you mean by "reset the sync process with Dropbox", but I'd encourage you to follow this guide to make sure you've configured everything correctly:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

• roosterstoker
    roosterstoker
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty,,, you got it,, I don't have a membership,, I would like to use the same Vault which was initiated from this #1 iMac and have the ability of my #2 iMac use the same vault. My two iOS devices sync just fine with dropbox whenever I do any changes from either iOS device or from my #1 iMac , No changes show up on my #2 iMac at all when I change anything in the Vault database, ie change passwords, or Add new logins. Somewhere along the line, I am not being able to sync to the Main vault on this #2 iMac, and yet when I look on Prefs on that iMac #2, , Sync area says it recently synced. Question for you: Can all 2 macs, and two iOS devices sync to the same vault? Does that 2nd iMac require a separate vault or its own vault? Thanks,, and I will follow through on your link also. Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Question for you: Can all 2 macs, and two iOS devices sync to the same vault? Does that 2nd iMac require a separate vault or its own vault? Thanks,, and I will follow through on your link also.

@roosterstoker: Yep! Definitely follow the troubleshooting guide for each device, as it will walk you through making sure everything is setup to sync with Dropbox. Of note, you may have all of these devices syncing with Dropbox, but just with different vaults. Make sure they're using the same vault there or they obviously won't be syncing with each other. Do you have multiple vaults you use in 1Password or just one? The key thing to check will be the path the the Dropbox vault you're using on each device, and on the computers the Dropbox app will need to be up to date and running in order for it to sync.

If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using. It may be that you've got something out of date that cannot connect to Dropbox any longer, as they changed they APIs last year. Let me know what you find!

• roosterstoker
    roosterstoker
    Community Member

I have always had just one vault. Thanks for the info. Will let you know if I am successful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing. Just wanted to double check. Sounds good. Look forward to hearing back from you. :) :+1:

• roosterstoker
    roosterstoker
    Community Member

Everything worked out Brenty. Looks like I hadn't launched the Dropbox desktop app. Pure and simple. The Sync process that I had viewed on the 1Password prefs, indicating it was syncing, I guess was giving me a false signal of syncing, when indeed it was not. Seems like I am slipping into Newbiedom once in a blue moon. Thanks for your help

• Thanks for the update @roosterstoker. For what it’s worth, the sync screen can only indicate if 1Password is doing its portion of the job. It doesn’t have any way of knowing if from there Dropbox is doing its part. Glad to hear you were able to get back up and running and that the Dropbox troubleshooting guide was helpful.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.