Custom password age filters for Security Audit section

JRallings
JRallings
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Using beta version 7.0.511 for the security audit features.
As I'm sure a lot of places do we have a compliance requirement to change passwords every 90 days.

Is there any plans to add the ability to create custom date filters in the security tab so I can see passwords between 90 and 60 days?
And/or could that filter just be added?

If there is already another way to achieve a similar outcome no matter how manual that would be helpful. I though of sorting by date modified but that date is not just password modified its the entry in general so not the most accurate.

Also while I'm thinking about it being able to create a security filter for things that don't match a set of custom security requirements would be really helpful also. Like the Weak passwords filter but with custom rules.

Thanks,
Julian

1Password Version: 7.0.511
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Win10 Ver: 1607 (os build 14393.2007)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JRallings,

Thanks for writing in.

Is there any plans to add the ability to create custom date filters in the security tab so I can see passwords between 90 and 60 days?

Not at the moment but we do want to add powerful search options that would let you save searches based on password age and other filters as well.

macOS has this feature already but it is based on Apple's awesome NSPredicate APIs that is not portable to other platforms. We're investigating for a cross-platform solution but we don't have an ETA on when we might be able to bring this.

• JRallings
    JRallings
    Community Member

thanks for the info. I will see if I can get access to a mac for the time being to see if that can do what I need it to.

cheers,

• Hi @JRallings,

Here's what I did in the macOS version of 1Password 6 (click search icon in item list's search to select Show Search Options)

• JRallings
    JRallings
    Community Member

That will covered it :)
    Thanks for that. Will find a MAC to do this for now but these kind of features in the other platforms would be great.

Thanks,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We're in full agreement. We can't do too much at once without stretching ourselves too thin, but we absolutely want the same great features on all of our devices too. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.