In a new install of iPassword on a Mac, it won't accept any master password I propose.

In a new install of iPassword on a Mac running Sierra, it won't accept any master password I propose.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:In a new install of iPassword on a Mac, it won't accept any master password I propose.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Budge1: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! On a new installation of 1Password, there will be no Master Password; rather, you'll still need to setup the app, either with a new vault or by syncing an existing one from another device. So it sounds like maybe you setup 1Password on that Mac previously and already have a vault there, perhaps with a Master Password you don't remember. Where do you have your 1Password data currently — OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using there? Thanks in advance!

• Budge1
    Budge1
    Community Member

I don't have any iPassword data yet, other than the program data in the app itself. I have no idea how to operate this program and don't even know what a vault is. Thought I'd just install the program and learn from there. Not that easy I guess.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Budge1 - Sorry for the confusion! Using 1Password isn't rocket surgery, but there's just enough of a learning curve that even for a smart person it may not be immediately intuitive. Probably the best place to start would be at our support site. There, you can find a number of step-by-step guides (some even with accompanying video) regarding what 1Password is and how to get started. In fact, one of the best entry-points is actually called Getting Started. :)

This discussion has been closed.