Adding or removing users from Teams account, via the POWAH OF AN API!

Hello you...

So myself and my esteemed colleagues have a terribly crap script we run to remove various user accounts when someone foolishly leaves our organisation, as well as an equally awful one for adding people lucky enough to have been given gainful employment in our glorious company.

For a few of the third party services we use, we are able to use the service's API for this task, thus making our shitty scripts slightly more cool, and our lives slightly less irksome.

My question, as if you've not already been able to form it within your brains, is can we do that with 1Password for Teams?
Can we?
CAN WE?
SAY WE CAN, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Sorry for troubling you, and thanks awfully for your anticipated assistance.

Toby

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tobylh

I think we may have a solution that will help make your scripts slightly more cool. It is currently in public beta, but it should do what you’re looking to do:

1Password command-line tool: Getting started

Does that help? :)

Ben

• tobylh
    tobylh
    Community Member

Well, @Ben...

That looks like just what I was looking for.
    A thousand thank you's.

Now to accidentally delete our entire account...

Cheers
    Toby :)

• Excellent. :) Hopefully that’ll help.

Now to accidentally delete our entire account...

:scream:

Ben

• tobylh
    tobylh
    Community Member

Hey Ben...

I'm guessing its not a thing, but is there a way to automatically send invites to users?
    I get why adding users via the CLI isn't really a viable and secure thing to do, but if an invite email could be sent out, then that would be really helpful.
    Also, I have not deleted our account :)

Thanks, man.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tobylh! The tool doesn't have the ability to send invitations at the moment, but possibly you could make use of your account's Sign Up Link instead? This allows folks to self-register for your Teams account without needing to be individually invited first, and can make on-boarding in a larger team a bit easier. You can learn more about the Sign Up Link here: https://support.1password.com/add-remove-team-members/#invite-people-using-a-link

Also, I have not deleted our account :smile:

Glad to hear it :lol:

This discussion has been closed.