Confused about storage limitations with 1password users

Apologies in advance if this has been answered but i could not find it in the FAQ..

Within the "Teams Pro" platform, I can see there is a 5 gb data cap per user. Exactly what data counts against that cap? All data? The way it reads to me is for $12. per month per user i get 5gb of storage per user per month. It seems like my team would exceed this considering we would be sharing quite a bit. I see many competitors advertising "unlimited" data and for half the price of 1password Teams.
Is there anyway you could clarify how this part works?

Thanks in advance:)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how much data

Comments

• Hi @ChesterCopperpot,

That's a good question, and this is something we need to do a better job of communicating. The storage limits only apply for Documents files. So if you're only storing login items in 1Password, you would never need to worry about storage. But since 1Password.com allows you to store encrypted files as well, and those files can be very large, we felt that it was prudent to impose a limit there.

I hope that helps.

Rick

• ChesterCopperpot
    ChesterCopperpot
    Community Member

That’s good news. Thank you for responding so quickly!

• ChesterCopperpot
    ChesterCopperpot
    Community Member

Follow up question:

What happens when i hit my 5gb data limit? Option to buy more? Upgrades storage automatically and then billed? Curious what to expect.

• @ChesterCopperpot,

The apps should stop letting you upload any more document files. You can free up space by trashing (and emptying the trash) of older files. There is currently not an option to buy more. Should you hit the limit, let us know so that we can work with you to come up with a workable solution for you.

Rick

• ChesterCopperpot
    ChesterCopperpot
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your prompt and definitive response.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ChesterCopperpot - on behalf of rick, you're quite welcome! As he said, let us know if you bump up against the limit.

This discussion has been closed.