two people one Mac user

imjafj
imjafj
Community Member

I am trying out 1Password and like it so far. My wife and I use the same user on our Mac (current OS) I primarily use Safari and she uses Chrome. This has helped to keep our logins separate. I notice that when 1password is active it's automatically logged in on both browsers. Can I have her logged in on Chrome and me on Safari?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@imjafj: No. Like most apps, 1Password is single user. macOS, like most modern operating systems, has built in multi user support though, so you can use that and both of you can have your own setup under your own user account. And if you use 1Password Families, you can even have separate 1Password accounts with a different Master Password of your choosing, even while you can share one or more vaults securely between you. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• imjafj
    imjafj
    Community Member

Ok, so I have made my wife a family account and it turns out that any additional vaults you create can be shared with any family organizer. SO - with my wife and I both as family organizers we can see each others vaults. Which is great, and makes this work well for me.

• @imjafj Fantastic! If you have some other questions, just let us know :)

This discussion has been closed.