Fagaxge autofill stopped working

Options

https://www.faxage.com/login.php requires username, company code, and password. This worked last week, but now 1Password on Mac and Windows leaves username blank and puts the username in the company field. So in essence autofill is not working. I called the company and they claim they didn't change their website. Do you have any ideas? I tried saving a 'new login' using the plugin after manually entering login info manually not the website.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OSX 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:fixate auto fill doesn't work

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @msteele,

Thank you for the URL, it allowed me to visit the page and see if I could spot anything that might cause odd behaviour. On this occasion though, after creating a Login item using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser the Login item it created filled all three fields. Just as a quick check, can you create a brand new Login item using these steps and see if you observe any improvement. It kind of sounds as if this is what you did before reaching out to us but I just want to make sure given it filled successfully for me. The good news is we should work here based on my testing, we just need to figure out why it isn't working for you.

• msteele
    msteele
    Community Member
    Options

DOH! Yeah, attempting creation of a new login entry fixed the issue. Before I used the 'save new login' in the plugin, but applied to the existing account.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @msteele,

The update existing Login item option is currently aimed at those moments where you change a password and it's limited to updating the stored password as well as sometimes the username. What saving an entirely new Login item allowed was to store an updated view of the actual page which then allowed 1Password to fill all three fields. What we've yet to figure out is a solid way of allowing a user to update the stored page details that doesn't confuse matters with change password forms. What we can't afford to do is potentially create a way where people might overwrite valuable information such as a username/email address because the UI (User Interface) didn't make things clear. Still, this is an area where 1Password could be clearly better if we can figure out the subtleties.

ref: OPM-2708

This discussion has been closed.