Opera Extension: Clicking the toolbar icon works only sometimes

The 1Password extension icon is visible in Opera's toolbar. Clicking it displays the 1Password Mini menu ... sometimes. At other times, the icon darkens for the duration of the mouse press, but the 1P Mini menu does not appear when the mouse button is released. A few times, the icon does not darken on press, but instead displaces downwards by 4-5 pixels (non-high-DPI), as if I am starting a drag, and again does not display the menu on release. If I take the utmost care to keep the mouse motionless while clicking, it works more often, perhaps 95% of tries.

It feels as if either the extension or Opera is overly sensitive to mouse motion between the button-down and button-up events. Most other things on my screen that are both clickable and draggable allow the pointer to move several pixels in any direction and still consider it a click upon release.

This has been occurring for a few months now, and continues in Opera 50.0.2762.67.

1Password Version: 6.8.6 (686004) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3 (17D47)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @sharpjs. This is a known issue that we have reported to Opera a while ago. Your diagnosis of the issue matches what we saw, namely that Opera is too sensitive to beginning a drag and it causes the toolbar button not to respond. You can see similar behavior with other extension icons in Opera as well. Conversely, we have not seen this behavior at all in Chrome, Vivaldi, or other Chromium-based browsers that 1Password interacts with. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, but the ball is in Opera's court to resolve this one. :frown:

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• sharpjs
    sharpjs
    Community Member

Thanks, Jamie, and from one developer to another: much respect to AgileBits for consistently high-quality releases.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Awww, thanks—that means the world to us!

This discussion has been closed.