how can I enter a trio of {text, password, URL} and have the URL field 'open and fill'?

I have an existing item that I created from the 'Credit Card' template. Now I want to add the details that'll let me signin to the CC company's website.

May I?

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.6 (686003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how can I enter a trio of {text, password, URL} and have the URL field 'open and fill'?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mr_fixit,

Not from within the Credit Card item itself but instead if you create a Login item it will allow you to fill the sign-in form. Credit Card and Identity items are designed to try and fill specific details from the item into any page (when you've instructed 1Password to fill that is) while Login items are aimed at sign-in forms for online accounts you have. Each is tailored for the kind of page where you might want to use it and at least for now each must be a separate, dedicated item. Our support page, Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC covers how to create a Login item if you're unsure at all. I cannot predict what a future version of 1Password may allow in this regard but hopefully the use of distinct items won't seem too bad. If you have any questions please do let us know.

• mr_fixit
    mr_fixit
    Community Member

Thanks, Robert');

I would like to register a request that 1Password allow a single item to capture multiple aspects of my CC account.

Having multiple items, one for the CC# and another for the {website/username/password}, seems like a complication.

Eric

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@mr_fixit (Eric), while I can't make any promises I will make a note of your desire here. I can't speak as to why certain design decisions where made as many of these decisions were well before I had the honour of joining AgileBits but I suspect it was in part to try and make it easier. Of course nobody gets everything right and sometimes, like here, decisions in the past can make certain changes harder in the present. None of this is to say it won't happen, just that sometimes certain features can't be as easily added as we would like.

It is interesting to see how differently people view 1Password. As a user it never bothered me that Login items were completely separate from Credit Card items, still doesn't but this is also not the first time I've seen this request meaning you're not alone in this.

This discussion has been closed.