1Password7: Watchtower misreports problem password(maybe not an actual bug?)

DariusR
DariusR
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Edit: not a bug. More of an issue with importing from Keepass2.
There is something wrong with the Watchtower website however.

About a week ago I created an account on the site arstechnica.com

As of the most recent version of 1Password7, it is reporting with a large red warning that my password should be reset because of a breach they had in 2014. The password entry was created less than a week but imported from Keepass2 to a local DB and then moved to a 1Password Teams vault.

The creation date of the item is set at 1/1/2000 03:00
The actual creation date of the entry was 1/27/2018 22:31

Changing the password resolved the problem.

EDIT:
It looks like this is the result of 1Password not being able to correctly parse the original creation date information from the converted and imported keepass2 database, even though this information was copied to a 'custom field' via the script that was so generously created by @MrC . This is particularly rough because I now have over 200 passwords that 1Password thinks are more than 3 years old :'(
Guess theres no harm in just updating all my passwords :pirate:

@agilebits
On a separate note, this site is generating 10,000+ error messages a minute and will crash Chrome(and possibly other browsers) if you navigate to it: https://watchtower.agilebits.com/check?h=arstechnica.com

1Password Version: 7.0.518
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@DariusR ,

You can use the --nowatchtower option to disable setting that date.

• DariusR
    DariusR
    Community Member

@MrC Thats what that option was for! Haha... oh god I really messed this up for myself in that case >_< lol
    C'est la vie. I'll make the best of it with what I imported. Everything has already been sorted.

• Hi guys,

@DariusR, I'm glad you are "sorted" at the moment.

I've filed a bug report to our web team about that bug you saw on the Watchtower site, I believe it is due to a missing icon that's blocked by a separate security policy we have. We'll get it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.