1Password License Upgrades

I currently have a 1password 3 license for macintosh that I no longer use, but have started to use the Windows version that I want to purchase a license for.

When I provide this macintosh license into the 'Upgrade your license' page on the website, there are two options:
1Password Mac + Windows Bundle ($35.99)
1Password for Windows ($27.99)

Which has got me confused, is this suggesting that I can pay $27.99 to convert the macintosh license into a windows license? If that's the case then I should purchase the Mac + Windows bundle to have a license for both?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Welcome to the forum, Duane!

There's really no way automated way to "convert" a 1Password license from one platform to the other.

Those options are for buying a new license, either Mac + Windows or Windows-only. They're discounted, because you already own a 1Password for Mac license. Whichever one you choose, you'll still own that 1Password for Mac license.
  • Thanks DBrown that clears it up for me
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    That's good news, Duane. Thanks for letting us know.

Cool avatar, by the way!
  • curthahn
    curthahn
    Community Member
    Similar Question, but upgrading from single to family version for Mac is not clear. The upgrade page just shows two different prices for the products, not an upgrade price.

DBrown wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Duane!

There's really no way automated way to "convert" a 1Password license from one platform to the other.

Those options are for buying a new license, either Mac + Windows or Windows-only. They're discounted, because you already own a 1Password for Mac license. Whichever one you choose, you'll still own that 1Password for Mac license.
  • Hello curthahn,

You can access our upgrade page here: Agile Store Upgrade Your License

You will need to enter a valid 1Password license in order to activate the "Select" buttons, but the discounted pricing should be visible regardless.

Please let us know if you have any problems.

Cheers!

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.