Autofill stopped working in Firefox 57 for some sites

One notable site I have constant problem with is chase.com
the URL is
chase login
in 1p I have https://chaseonline.chase.com/, and I have two logins for Chase.
I can not recall another site which bothers me.
What I also noticed strange that sometimes it does not fill from the Ctrl+\ popup, but works from the toolbar icon.

1Password Version: 4.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Win 10, Win 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

There's a known bug in Firefox 57 that can cause this kind of behavior. If you look at the Web Console, do you see Firefox complaining about an undefined object called FieldCollector?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

del

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

This is what I get on chase.com:

Content Security Policy: Ignoring ‘x-frame-options’ because of ‘frame-ancestors’ directive.
    Random Number Generated [9], B Variant Percentage [10%]
    chase-ux.min.js:60:236247
    Created Layout Cookie with Variant [b]
    chase-ux.min.js:60:229353
    Layout set to Archetype [returning], Variant [b]
    chase-ux.min.js:60:236431
    Updated Layout Cookie with Variant [b]
    chase-ux.min.js:60:230490
    [CPO] POD id: A04
    chase-ux.min.js:60:220073
    Sign In Button Log: Sign In Type [cpo]
    chase-ux.min.js:60:390334
    [sendMessageClient] Initializing client
    chase-ux.min.js:60:303260
    [sendMessageClient] File version 1.0
    [sendMessageClient] Found the iframe with id = #logonbox
    [sendMessageClient] Found domains | Child domain: https://secure03a.chase.com | Parent domain: https://www.chase.com
    [sendMessageClient] Activating listeners...
    [sendMessageClient] Initialized OK
    [sendMessageClient] Sending command
    Failed to execute ‘postMessage’ on ‘DOMWindow’: The target origin provided (‘https://secure03a.chase.com’) does not match the recipient window’s origin (‘https://www.chase.com’).
    www.chase.com
    Slot Placement - Service.init() called with Page Id: chasehome_3
    slotplacement.min.js:2:18198
    Slot Placement - Calling XPO with Page Id: chasehome_3
    Slot Placement - Configuring new Slot Placement for PID: hero
    Slot Placement - Configuring new Slot Placement for PID: trip1
    Slot Placement - Configuring new Slot Placement for PID: trip2
    Slot Placement - Configuring new Slot Placement for PID: trip3
    Slot Placement - Service.init() called with Page Id: homepage_carousel
    Slot Placement - Calling XPO with Page Id: homepage_carousel
    Slot Placement - Configuring new Slot Placement for an array of PID's:
    Array [ "slide1", "slide2", "slide3", "slide4", "slide5", "slide6", "slide7", "slide8", "slide9" ]
    Content Security Policy: Ignoring ‘x-frame-options’ because of ‘frame-ancestors’ directive.
    Loading failed for the with source “https://secure03a.chase.com/events/dtagent_ICA23STVjpqrvx_7000000061013.js”.
    logonbox:20
    Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.
    jquery-1.10.2.min.js:3:17117
    Slot Placement - [adUpdate] Event Published for Page Id: homepage_carousel
    [Browser Messaging] Site Messaging is disabled.
    chase-ux.min.js:60:278846
    Slot Placement - [adUpdate] Event Published for Page Id: chasehome_3
    [sendMessageClient] Got command from domain https://secure03a.chase.com
    [CPO] Initialized and Ready.
    [CPO] Frame Resolved
    XML Parsing Error: no root element found
    Location: https://secure03a.chase.com/events/analytics/public/v1/events/raw/
    Line Number 1, Column 1:
    raw:1:1
    Sign In Button Log: Sign In Type [cpo]
    chase-ux.min.js:60:390334
    Slot Placement - Configuring new Slot Placement for PID: tile1
    Slot Placement - Configuring new Slot Placement for PID: tile2
    Slot Placement - Configuring new Slot Placement for PID: tile3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: Thanks! Yeah, iframes can be a bit troublesome at times. 1Password often has issues with login forms like this, which are seemingly tacked onto another webpage (I'm guessing you must not have a Citi account, as their site is another good example of this). I'm not sure what we can do to improve it there, but we'll certainly keep trying. In the mean time, if you login at https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx directly, that's a much more traditional login form which works fine with 1Password 4 in Firefox (and, frankly, every other browser I've tested). Cheers! :)

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Another thing I noticed is that on some sites the fill does not work on the 1st attempt, and then I login in some other way and logout, the second attempt works. bofa.com is one of the sites

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I do have Citi account, but it behaves differently for me. I usually get the password filled, but the login is often missed

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I do have Citi account, but it behaves differently for me. I usually get the password filled, but the login is often missed

@mzel: Without knowing which URL you're using, I'm just kind of taking a stab in the dark...but I do happen to have accounts for all of these. This is the one I'd recommend for Citi, as others tend to clear the form after 1Password fills it:

https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do

Another thing I noticed is that on some sites the fill does not work on the 1st attempt, and then I login in some other way and logout, the second attempt works. bofa.com is one of the sites

I can't even get bofa.com to load. I'm taken to https://www.bankofamerica.com ...which does appear to have changed significantly just in a matter of weeks since the last time I went there. Not having any trouble filling there, but having to bring up the login form by clicking "LOGIN" first (which, ironically, brings up a form to "Sign In") is pretty annoying. Are you seeing something different?

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

One more site with the same problem: https://www.adoramapix.com/ Fills via the toolbar icon menu, but does not via Ctrl+/.
    Will check Citi bank alternative URLs, but my normal workflow was to go to the site as usual, and login via 1P later if needed

• @mzel: While I don't have an account with Adoramapix, 1Password filled their sign in form using dummy credentials without any issues. I experimented with clicking the Login item through the 1Password extension and pressing the Ctrl+\ shortcut. Has the shortcut worked for you on this website in the past?

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Not sure. Have not used that service for 2 years. On several occasions when Ctrl+\ did not work I tried Ctrl+Alt+\ and the results were mixed bag too. Sometimes my AdoramaPix login entry would show in the popup menu, sometimes not. But even when it was there the fill still would not work

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mzel,

Sadly we are aware that for some users the latest version of 1Password 4 for Windows can have intermittent behaviour with the keyboard shortcut and it sounds as if you're experiencing this based on your last couple of posts. Typically if the fill the open page keyboard shortcut ctrl + \ doesn't work you will find that ctrl + alt + \ doesn't display the matching Login items either. Yet if you access the 1Password helper by clicking the 1Password Browser Extension button it's reliable. This seems to match what you've described almost perfectly.

We don't have an answer I'm afraid. It doesn't appear to be the extension itself as the issue is specific to 1Password 4 for Windows and hasn't been observed in 1Password for Mac or 1Password 6 for Windows, both of which use the same extension. We have a bug report filed but our key 1Password 4 for Windows developer is sick so there is no ETA for when we might be able to address this. I apologise that I don't have anything better on this specific issue.

If there is any aspect that doesn't seem to fall within the above description though please do make us aware as it may be something else.

ref: OPW-643

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: If it helps, some users have reported that build 625 of 1Password 4 is more reliable with filling on their systems for some reason, so if this is a common issue for you please give that a try and let me know if it helps.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Ok, will try when I get to my PC

• Sounds good, @mzel. Let us know how it goes! :)

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Hi guys, I rolled back to 625 and do not see much difference. On chase.com it still takes the hit on the toolbar icon to fill the fields. Ctrl+Alt+\ sometimes brings up the menu, but still does not fill login. I tried
    https://secure03a.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/index/index
    as well and it behaves the same way

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: That sounds like it's working normally then, as Ctrl Alt \ is only meant to open the 1Password menu, not fill. The "hit on the toolbar icon to fill the fields" also sounds like that is working. Can you clarify the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect? Have you tired changing the login filling keyboard shortcut in 1Password Preferences > Logins? It sounds like something may just be interfering with the default on your system.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

What I meant is that when I press CTRL+Alt+\ I see the menu. I have two accounts with Chase, so I (should) see two bold entries on the menu for my accounts. I click one of them and nothing happens. No fields in the login screen are filled. When I click the 1P icon in the toolbar I see the same menu, but clicking the account there works.
    Sometimes I get the menu without the account entries at all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: Aha! Thanks you, that's much clearer. It sounds like what isn't working is clicking on a login to fill once you've pressed Ctrl Alt \ to bring up the menu...but what if you use the arrow keys to select the login and press Enter instead? Does that work? And does filling work for you every time you bring up the menu using the mouse instead? This really sounds like something else is interfering with input in a strange way. Very different from the issue I thought you were having earlier, or anything else I've heard of. Let me know!

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Nope, it is not it. I tried both the mouse and the keyboard and do not see any difference. Today www.chase.com works reliably via Ctrl+\ and Ctrl+Alt+. https://secure03a.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/index/index works unreliably with either. Sometimes I see the menu with the two accounts after Ctrl+\, sometimes nothing comes up. Similarly, sometimes I see the menu with the two accounts plus the other 6 items after a Ctrl+Alt+\, sometimes just those 6 items w/o my two accounts. Sometimes choosing my account both with the mouse or keyboard fills the login, sometimes not. Clicking on the toolbar icon and choosing the account from there always works reliably

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

As a way of narrowing this down, do you have this problem with Chrome? Firefox has the known issue that I linked to before, but 1Password 4 for Windows also has an issue that would affect Firefox and Chrome, which some users have been helped by installing the 625 build that Brenty linked to. Can you give these a try and let us know how things go?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Fort Worth, Texas

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mzel: Also, have you tried changing the keyboard shortcut as I suggested above? The only other case I've seen where this type of issue was not resolved by using build 625 was resolved by using a different keyboard shortcut, as something else was interfering with the default for some reason.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Chrome + 625 work fine. Firefox + 625 is unreliable on chase.com and may be few other sites. In general filling in FF work for me too.
    Chrome +626 was even worse than FF

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

changing the keyboard shortcut to Ctrl+] did not make any difference

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you're being affected by both issues, the one that's a known issue in Firefox (Bugzilla #1408996) and the known issue with filling inconsistencies in 1Password 4.6.626, which affects all browsers using Native Messaging. I'm hoping to see Mozilla sort out the bug in Firefox soon. I am going to ask one of my team to look into this bug and see if we can work around it in the meantime.

We still have not been able to identify the bug in 1Password 4.6.626 in a way that allows us to solve the problem and since it is not affecting everyone, for now the best solution is rolling back to 1Password 4.6.625. What you said confirms what we basically know about this issue is that it resolves things for Chrome and as long as the Firefox bug is not presenting, for Firefox as well.

I'm sorry we don't have a better answer right now. Hopefully we'll find a workaround for Firefox. In the meantime, Chrome+625 is going to be the best bet for a consistent experience.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Fort Worth, Texas

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

@jxpx777 Jamie, thanks. Let me know when you have a fix/workaround. I used to be on the beta program for 1P

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Will do :smile:

This discussion has been closed.