No private channel / user support for Slack Integration

The first iteration of the Slack support in 1pass for Teams allowed me to send messages to an individual and/or private channel.

Now that I can't send to the private #security-alerts channel, I can't use the integration. I don't want to create a new channel and I can't make this channel public. Any suggestions? The v1 integration allowed me to do this...

1Password Version: Teams
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @stmyers,

You're right, when we switched from using the webhook approach to a true Slack app we lost that functionality. We're sad about that too, and we're hoping that we can do better somehow. As of right now there is no workaround, unfortunately.

Rick

• ondalime
    ondalime
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

hi @stmyers

Margeau from 1Password gave me the good news:

Posting Slack notifications and alerts to private channels is now supported again. To get it to work you’ll need to disable and re-enable your integration in the account interface—it requires extra authorization permissions.

Tested, working. 1Password Slack integration v2 supports private channels again! Great. Thanks a lot, guys!

Cheers, Philip

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to update the thread! So glad it's there for you and everyone else to use now. Cheers! :chuffed:

• brianja
    brianja
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

So did this go away again because I cant post to private channels, they dont show up in the dropdown list.
    disregard. Its out of alphabetical order

• Thanks for the update @brianja. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.