No Spotlight suggestions on iOS 11 GM

Fede777
Fede777
Community Member

Since using iOS 11 beta (probably the problem) Spotlight (now Search & Siri Suggestions) are missing.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11 GM
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:spotlight

Comments

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member

I still have them. Is it enabled in both Siri & Search settings and within the 1Password app settings?

• Fede777
    Fede777
    Community Member

Yes of course.

• AskAli
    AskAli
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

That’s weird. Not sure then, it still works for me. Someone at AgileBits can chime in and help more.

However, sometimes when I enter something that brings up too many search items then it won’t show. This has only happened maybe twice, can’t reproduce.

Sorry, couldn’t be of much help. I’m not really sure. :/

• Hi @Fede777 ,

Have you tried turning Spotlight off and on again. That will remove the old metadata and force it to create new metadata. That may resolve your issue.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Noffica
    Noffica
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

I’m afraid that hasn’t resolved the issue for me. I have tried to turn it on and off.

The setting is now turned on in Settings but Spotlight does not yield results from 1Password.

——
    iOS 11.2

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Noffica: This is a very old discussion about prerelease iOS builds. Have you been having this problem since September? Can you offer some more details as far as what you’ve tried already and what you’re seeing. Ultimate the Spotlight index is handled by iOS, but disabling and restarting may force it to rebuild it. Let me know what you find!

• Noffica
    Noffica
    Community Member

That has helped but it hasn't solved the issue. There are many things that are not returned in the Spotlight search results.

• Hi @Noffica ,

Sorry for the late reply on this. We're having trouble reproducing this issue. When you say there are many things not returned, are they random items? Or are they items belonging to a specific category, for example. In other words, is there something unique about the ones that are not returned in your search results?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Noffica
    Noffica
    Community Member

I think they're at random; e.g. I have a login by the name of "Autosport" which does not appear in Spotlight results; neither does a login by the name of "Teuxdeux".

• Hi @Noffica ,

And just to confirm, you have tried turning Spotlight search off and on again in 1Password since upgrading iOS?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Noffica
    Noffica
    Community Member

Yes, of course.

• ag_kevin
    edited February 2018

Hi @Noffica ,

OK, thanks. To further diagnose this, I'd like to ask you to toggle the setting off and on again, and wait a minute before quitting the app. Then, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/411427/#Comment_411427
    • Your forum username: Noffica

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

I hope the diagnostic report will show what's going on.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Noffica
    Noffica
    Community Member

@ag_kevin
    Could you confirm the exact series of steps?

1. Turn off the Spotlight setting
    2. Wait for the switch to come to the off position
    3. Turn on the Spotlight setting
    4. Wait for the switch to come to the on position
    5. Wait one minute
    6. Quit the 1Password app
    7. Launch 1Password
    8. Create and send the diagnostics report

Is this correct?

• ag_kevin
    edited February 2018

Hi @Noffica