1Password browser extension not recognising website 2

Options

Hi,

I am a developer and have a lot of logins which use the live website in website field and the development website i.e. http://localhost:54523 in the website 2 field. However 1Password browser extension doesn't recognise the website 2 option. Does this not work as I expect or do i need to do something else?

I am using the latest chrome.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.7.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password browser extension not recognising website 2

Comments

• @bsweb: This is presently expected behavior specifically for localhost. 1Password doesn't currently support filling there, but we're working on it! :+1:

ref: OPW6-954

• tealduck
    tealduck
    Community Member
    Options

Is it just "localhost" and "127.0.0.1" that are being excluded for matching? If that is the case then you could get around this by adding the machine name to your /etc/hosts file and then using that in your address field.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tealduck: URLs without TLD/internal websites are not currently supported. We have plans to support it in future updates. Please stay tuned. :)

• tealduck
    tealduck
    Community Member
    Options

Okay. But while we wait for development could we just create an entry like "mymachine.local.com" with the 127.0.0.1 address? Most Windows installs default to using the /etc/hosts for name resolution first before the DNS service. I have no idea who owns "local.com" but you could really use anything that you wanted in that situation. If it does not have to be a valid TLD then instead of ".com" you could use ".ad" or something like that.

• MikeT
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi @tealduck,

Yes, IP addresses and port numbers should work right now. You should be able to use *.local and *.dev just fine.

However, there's a separate issue. If you put them in the second website field instead of the primary website field, it won't be matched perfectly. This is another issue that we're working on as we speak.

• tealduck
    tealduck
    Community Member
    Options

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying Mike.

• @tealduck: On behalf of Mike, it's no problem at all. We're happy to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.