Feature Request: Snooze Option

Options

Feature request.

Snooze option for the prompt to save/update a password. Possible set in increments of hours.

If I'm working and logging into several accounts that I don't want saved, or if I keep entering an incorrect password, the pop-ups become annoying.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows/Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @dfontaine: If there are sites where you never 1Password to save your credentials, you can add them to your autosave exclusion list in Settings > Browsers. Under "Autosave," there's a section to list domains you don't want 1Password to save for. Enter the domain there and you'll never be asked to save on that site again.

As for snooze options, I'll certainly pass your feedback along to the team, but I'm inclined to think we're unlikely to introduce such a feature. If you never want that password saved, you can already exclude it and if you "snooze" autosave, you run the risk of, for example, updating a password before your snooze timer has expired and not having that new password saved. If you mistype a password, a quick press of esc will dismiss the save prompt.

I hope this helps ease the annoyance of the prompts and do let us know if you have additional questions. :chuffed:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Right and I have done that. But there are some instances where I bounce around multiple sites and it literally shows up for every single login. Like I may or may not want them saved but the password hasn't changed at all and I'm logging into different services while trying to do my job. If I could just hit like a snooze so that it didn't prompt me to save/update for the next hour or two while I get work done, it would make life so much easier.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dfontaine: We will make sure to pass your feedback along to our team, so we could have an internal discussion about such feature. However, as Kate noticed already, this snooze feature is tricky and we don't want people to update their passwords while their Snooze hours are on.

Right now, if you don't want to save a Login item for the website you are on, we recommend to add that website to the Exception list in Autosave settings or select "Never for this website" in the 1Password New Login prompt.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here to help you with 1Password. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.