Searching shows passwords in plain text

When using search in 1password; passwords will be shown in plain text instead of secure.
To reproduce; open 1password and start typing. the results passwords are clearly visible.

I don't think this is a bug, but open for discussion.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.4.7
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the report, @srcoder. I would classify this a bug myself as we try to conceal the passwords until they are explicitly revealed.

I'm having troubles reproducing this bug on my local machine, which is good as I think we've already fixed this. We found a similar issue last week where once a password was revealed, they would remain revealed, even when switching between items. So with any luck we solved the issue you're experiencing at the same time.

I plan to publish a new beta (a Release Candidate in fact!) that includes this fix. Please give it a go once it's available and let us know how it turns out.

Thank you!

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member

Hi @dteare I think I should have written "I would think this is a bug" :fearful:
    I don't think I would open a post here otherwise ;-) so misspelled it on my end.

Running 1.5.1 today and it looks resolved, thanks again for the update!

• Perfect! I’m glad to hear things are working as expected now. Thanks for the update. <3

This discussion has been closed.