Do I need to downgrade 1P on my iOS devices? 'Not interested in subscription.

PJL500
PJL500
Community Member

1P now looks like ransomware on my iOS devices. Cannot access my passwords for months - have to use my Mac. Am interested in class action suit.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot access my passwords on my iOS devices. It is requesting money. No ransomware!

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2018

Hi @PJL500,

If you’ve been using a membership account, but haven’t paid for a subscription, then your account will be frozen. You can still view all of the information you’ve entered, but you’ll be unable to make any changes. You can read more about frozen accounts here:

If your 1Password account is frozen

If you’ve purchased the Pro features for iOS and would like to transition back to using 1Password standalone, foregoing membership, you can find instructions on that here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

That said I’d highly encourage you to reconsider. A membership is the best way to use 1Password as it provides access to the latest versions of all of our 1Password applications, dead simple syncing (just sign in to your account), and a host of other benefits which you can read about here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: SLE-76711-822

• PJL500
    PJL500
    Community Member

I have tried to get this cleared up before. I am uninterested in buying any further 1Password services. Several years ago I paid for 1Password for my three devices. Now I am unable to access my passwords on my iPhone or iPad - the app now asks me to purchase a plan to see my passwords.

I will not pay to get my passwords back. I am uninterested in 1Password services - especially after having been subjected to a ransomware scam.

Please return my passwords to my iOS devices.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @PJL500

We can’t do anything with your passwords, as we don’t have them. If you have your data in a standalone vault on your Mac you can sync that data to your iOS devices by following these instructions:

Sync your 1Password data

If you have trouble please let us know which step you’re getting hung up on and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks!

Ben

• PJL500
    PJL500
    Community Member

OK I see the problem. Somehow I was being greeted by a Settings page every time I opened 1P.

It was asking me to "Sign In," for a "Secret Key," a "Master Password" and trying to sell a subscription and this was sending me in circles. This subscription thing was a huge distraction - it appeared that the previous functionality had been terminated. it had the appearance of ransomware.

The solution you gave is the same as I was given by support before was also not helpful... a page - the first half again trying to sell a subscription - the second half describing sync functions that were already set up correctly.

• Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you were able to get the issue sorted. 1Password will remember whatever page you were last viewing when you close the app, so it makes sense if you had left off on the Settings page that you’d be returned there upon relaunching the app.

If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.