lost vault on Mac

Options
r07war1ey
r07war1ey
Community Member
edited February 2018 in Mac

I was using 1Password 6 for Mac very successfully until I thought it would be alright to move a folder 1Password 4 to trash. Now when I start 1Password it thinks I have no vault. I have restored one of the backups from the trash folders (1Password 2018-02-07 15_55_16 (1 profiles, 400 items, 28 folders, 1 attachments).1p4_zip) and attempted a restore. Nothing appears to be happening. I left it alone for 3 hours and 1Password did not restart as indicated. Any help restoring my vault is badly needed.

Please disregard. I just tried the restore again and it appears to have worked.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @r07war1ey! I'm sorry for the trouble! To make sure we're clear, you opened your ~/Library/Application Support folder, and trashed the folder inside labeled 1Password 4? Is that correct? If so, this is where all of your data and most of your settings reside for 1Password, which is why you experienced the issue you did.

For future reference, please don't alter or delete any of the 1Password-related folders inside your Library folder unless specifically instructed by an AgileBits staff member to do so. I'm glad to hear your restore from backup worked! I'd make sure you create a fresh backup now, just so you have a working baseline should you need it, but it sounds as if things are back to normal.

• r07war1ey
    r07war1ey
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. It won't happen again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r07war1ey -- I'm just glad you were able to get everything back; losing data is a real problem, especially the important data most people store inside 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.