Setting up 1password on a new PC

Options

Hello, I am just getting a new PC, and want to make sure I set everything up correctly to use 1Password with Chrome and Firefox. On my current computer, the browsers are a mish mash of passwords saved by the browser, or 1Password, or my Apple keychain. I want to make sure that doesn’t happen again.

Once I have 1Password installed, I plan on downloading the browser extensions. Is there anything else I need to install? What do I need to do at that point to make sure only 1Password is managing all my passwords? I’m assuming there is an option in the browser, but I want to make sure I don’t miss something in 1Password that would prevent them from being saved and synched between the PC, my wife’s phone, and my phone. Also want to make sure I tell my wife how to do it properly, so we don’t end up with another mess.

Thanks so much for the help! I've loved having 1Password on my phone

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @bcemail,

Thank you for getting in touch! You did the right thing by reaching out. :)

In order to start using 1Password on your new PC you will need to install both 1Password app and 1Password extension. You might also want to switch off the built-in password saving capability in your browser, so there would be no confusion between the two. We have a comprehensive getting started guide on our website, which takes you through the set up process step by step and shows you how to use 1Password:

Get started with 1Password

Please have a look and let us know if you have any additional questions, we are always ready to help. :chuffed: :+1: Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.