2 Step Login (No 2FA)

Hi,

We have multiple sites where we cannot get 2 Step / MultiPage logins to work.

For Example: https://cloud.acronis.com
And others that we cannot share in public (Please @team ask) i'll send a DM with url.

Let us know how to fix this since more sites are going to use this methode for security reasons.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

@kavaa - sorry for the trouble. I've moved your thread to a more-appropriate forum category since not being able to sign into a website isn't usually a Mac-specific issue. I hope that's OK.

I don't have an Acronis account to be able to test this, but the first thing I'd recommend is that you try re-saving the credentials for the site(s) in question using these instructions. That tends to work on the vast majority of multi-page logins. To the extent it doesn't, please write to us via email at support+forum@agilebits.com with a list of the sites that are giving you trouble, and we'll investigate them. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kavaa,

As a precaution against unintended filling 1Password will not submit if it only filled text fields. If we fill a password field there is a high confidence about the purpose of the form but we just can't say the same with text fields. This will affect the vast majority of multi-page sign-in sites and leaves the user to proceed. We do leave focus on the visible field filled so in most examples pressing enter should proceed with the sign-in process and it will likely require a second fill if the site loads a new page as part of the process.

This is the most likely cause of what you're experiencing. As an aside, we don't try to click on buttons using JavaScript because it's been found to be quite error prone in the past. That's why we stick with leaving focus on the password field when filled at which point the extension asks 1Password to ask the operating system to react as if the user pressed the enter key.

This discussion has been closed.