Upgraded to a 1Password Account and to 1Password 6 yesterday. Chrome and Firefox extensions broken.

Hi, I had a licensed version of 1Password 4 that has been working fine for years. I decided to upgrade to 1Password 6 and sign up for a 1Password Account yesterday. All fine so far, except when I tried to uninstall the Chrome Addon and install it again. I get a "cannot connect to 1Password" error when i try to open the extension in Chrome. Same problem with Firefox, except the icon is greyed out. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 1Password extension here too. I read the Support page and did the uninstall and reinstall and reboot steps. No joy. Help!

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: None yet

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @rhgattis2,

Can you check something for me please. In 1Password's settings, in the Advanced tab you will see two options under a header referring to browser integration. Can you enable those two options please as I suspect you will find they are currently disabled. After this, can you restart any open browsers. Does this correct the issue and does the extension now work in both Firefox and Chrome?

• rhgattis2
    rhgattis2
    Community Member

Hi lbt,

I had to do a bit more, but checking off the native messaging check boxes for Chrome and Firefox made the difference. FF worked right away, but I had to uninstall and reinstall the Chrome extension to get it working - but they are! Thanks!
    I did read the browser support info in the KB, but it didn't mention the check boxes in Advanced | Browser Integration. Might want to add that as well.

Many thanks! Bob

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @rhgattis2,

Odd that you should need to have removed the 1Password Chrome Extension but I'm happy to hear things are working properly now. Our docs do have a bit of catching up to do with Windows, the trouble is one of our Windows developers moves at such a pace I can't even keep up with everything in my head so I don't envy our docs team.

• rhgattis2
    rhgattis2
    Community Member

Hi again lbt,

I understand how hard it is to keep docs up to date when the product development is moving fast.
    Thanks for your help - the AgileBits Support Forum really delivered for me. I'm an AgileBits fan!

Bob

• Thanks for being such an awesome 1Password supporter, @rhgattis2 (Bob)! On behalf of littlebobbytables, I'm glad we were able to help you get 1Password working as expected. Be sure to reach out if you run into any further issues or have any follow-up questions.

This discussion has been closed.